Long time ago, sometime in a potluck lunch, there was a food which I asked the lady if she would provide me the recipe and she said, No! I was taken aback and wondered why she could be so stingy with her recipe.And up until now, I have been doing the same and probably being branded as such too. I now decided to stop being so and give everyone a chance to get my beloved, well guarded recipes. But please do leave a comment so I know that you got it and as a means of thank you.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Guacamole
When we lived in El Salvador, I realized they treat avocado differently as we do in the Philippines. I was amazed when they ate avocado as an accompaniment to their main meal. As with us Filipinos, you'd find avocado shake, avocado ice cream and my favorite, frozen mashed avocado with condensed milk. I always smile at the awkward facial reactions of the latinos whenever I tell them about this. Over there, I learned to make Guacamole, with variations of putting boiled egg or minced garlic, which I refuse to make. Over here, it is unfortunate that it is not easy to find coriander which I think is the distinctive ingredient of Guacamole. And an interesting thing I was told is that if I leave the seed in the finished Guacamole, it will not turn black at all. Myth? Check it out yourself. And sorry I cannot tell you exactly how much you need...
Ingredients
Ripe avocado, pitted and mashed
Tomatoes, chopped
Red Onion, chopped
Lime or Lemon
Salt and Pepper
Chopped Coriander
Direction
Mix them all up, add olive oil if you wish. Enjoy with Taco chips.
Labels:
Guacamole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment