Long time ago, sometime in a potluck lunch, there was a food which I asked the lady if she would provide me the recipe and she said, No! I was taken aback and wondered why she could be so stingy with her recipe.And up until now, I have been doing the same and probably being branded as such too. I now decided to stop being so and give everyone a chance to get my beloved, well guarded recipes. But please do leave a comment so I know that you got it and as a means of thank you.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Swiss Green Bean Salad
In the summer of 2010 at the height of the Soccer World Cup party at our place, I had the priveledge to have Lia, a Swiss, show me how she makes her Green Bean Salad.
Ingredients
500g Green Beans, fresh or frozen
2 cloves garlic, cut
1 onion, sliced
2 Tbsp oil
1 bouillon
Dressing
Soy sauce
Vinegar
Sugar
Salt
Pepper
Chili pepper, sliced
Direction
1. Heat oil. Add garlic and onion until wilted. Add green beans. Saute for some minutes.
2. Add water almost covering the beans. Add bouillon and boil until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, mix dressing ingredients.
4. Drain the water from the beans. Add dressing to beans while hot.
5. Serve cold.
Labels:
Green Bean Salad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment